- Why Velocity for VoIP?
A high-quality VoIP deployment requires multiple crucial Skillsets, Experience, and Infrastructure rarely found in a single vendor. Only Velocity Networks has ALL of these to ensure your project's successful outcome.
- Privately-owned Network of multiple redundant SuperPOP switching centers
- ISP with point-to-point circuits that keep your calls off public internet
- Consulting Service to certify your existing network for VoIP
- 12+ Years IP Experience
- One Company, One Monthly Bill, No hassles
- Call Quality?
Call us anytime to hear it for yourself - we use it to run 100% of our business telecommunications at our offices.
By using Velocity Networks Broadband/ISP Services with our VoIP service, we custom engineer your solution end-to-end to have the best voice quality possible.
Only Velocity Networks provides a comprehensive internal AND external network evaluation to ensure a successful VoIP implementation.
- How much does it cost?
Velocity has several different pricing plans for your company's specific needs, starting at only $30 per user per month.
In one short phone call with your personal Velocity VoIP Expert, we can provide a comprehensive, clear price quote for the plans that fit your business best.
- How long does it take to setup my new service?
New Customers can typically start using their Velocity VoIP service within one week from their order entry date.
Velocity Broadband Service (which carries our Service Level Guarantee) can usually be deployed in 4-6 weeks at your location, but is not required if you have another suitable broadband connection.
- How long does it take to add/change my existing service?
Existing Customers can add lines, extensions, and additional services within 3 business days from order entry date.
- What kind of Internet connection do I need?
We recommend a minimum of SDSL or T1. Velocity Networks recommends that you use our Broadband service so that your calls never touch the public Internet. We can test your connection to determine if it qualifies as a VoIP capable service.
- What equipment do I need?
- Handsets - Velocity approved IP Telephones or Adapters
- Local Area Network - We require a Quality of Service Switch that prioritizes your internal network traffic.
- Broadband Modem/Router that supports VoIP Sessions.
- Who will help me integrate this into my existing network?
Any proessional data network resource can provide on-site assistance with the setup of your internal network. Velocity will provide assistance to your network staff to ensure all best practices are adhered to.
All equipment is shipped ready to plug and play. The VoIP service setup and configuration is handled by Velocity VoIP technicians within our network.
- What training do I get?
Velocity provides a Train the Trainer service for end users and a separate Training Session for your Administrative Staff. This is all included with Velocity's VoIP service.
- Who can I call for technical help and when can I call them?
Our level 1 support staff is available 24x7 to answer basic level questions and open trouble tickets for any issues that require higher level intervention.
- Can I keep my existing PBX hardware?
Velocity specializes in hosted PBX solution that eliminates the need for an onsite phone system. Our solution is superior in features, flexibility and cost to most small business PBX systems.
However, we do offer a SIP solution that allows you to reduce your line costs and per minute charges by integrating with your existing equipment over your broadband internet connection.
- Can I keep my existing telephone handsets?
All Velocity approved IP phones can be configured to work with our VoIP services.
- Can I keep my existing phone numbers?
Most numbers can be ported. In rare cases, there may be some numbers that may not be transferable.
- Can I combine all my offices and remote users under a single unified phone system?
Yes, all users can participate in a single "enterprise" system regardless of geographical location including the ability to dial any other user using a three or four digit extension and can be located from a single company directory.
- What are the options for Contract Term?
The standard contract term is 24 months but 36 month, 12 month and month to month contract terms are also available.
- Do I have to purchase my equipment from Velocity?
No, but we recommend buying through Velocity Networks to ensure compatibility and proper configuration.
- What calls are included with the service?
All calls within the US and Canada are included. International rates vary by country.
- Can I get an international phone number?
We have local service in more than 40 countries. Please inquire for your specific request.